This course provides a qualification and practical opportunities for developing skills that are valid and relevant to the world of work.
This course aims to provide enterprising and employability skills and qualities including:
- Self confidence and motivation,
- Decision making and problem solving,
- Working with others and organising resources,
- Communication and customer service,
- Knowledge of the world of business,
- Employment options available including self–employment,
- Practical, experiential learning about how business operates,
- Core skills including Information Technology.
A number of SQA units will be undertaken including:
- Enterprise Activity
- Business and Marketing Business and Finance,
- Customer Service Skills for the Entrepreneur,
- Establishing a Business Identity,
- Working for Yourself.
You can click on the links at each level to see more info.
Only available as an NPA (SCQF Level 5).
Assessments will be conducted on an on–going basis as the course progresses using a variety of methods including a written assessments, work evidence and mini–portfolio/projects.
Future Progression Routes
Students who undertake this course could expect:
- Increased employment opportunities following on from improved work–related skills and qualities, especially following a successful work placement
- An understanding of the key aspects of starting a business and some of the fundamental knowledge and skills that underpin them.
This qualification provides progression to further training or employment.