Welcome to Armadale Learning Pathways
All transition points in education are important – going to primary, joining secondary, making choices about pathways to follow in curriculum areas. From the start of S3 onwards at Armadale Academy you will follow a pathway that you have chosen, with advice from home and the school, that will help you prepare for your future when you are ready to leave us.
The key question for you, with the help of your parents/carers, is
“What do I want to achieve by my exit point from school?”
In order to help with this, we have created this website which contains:
- General information on making choices and where to look/who to speak to for additional support,
- A profile of each subject area in the school and how it can help prepare you for your future positive destination,
- Information about the range of pathways available in each curriculum area, helping you to see how different courses progress and help you to build your qualifications. Some of these pathways are delivered in partnership with other providers such as West Lothian College or other West Lothian secondary schools,
- Detailed descriptions of courses including the learning you will experience, skills you will develop and how you will be assessed,
- Learner profiles: students of Armadale Academy speaking about their choices at different stages in their journey and how they feel these choices have benefitted them.