The specific aims of the group award are to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of health science, chemistry and physics.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of science and its applications in relation to human health.
- Prepare learners for progression to qualifications at SCQF level 5 in areas related to human health and science.
- Develop skills in good laboratory practice.
- Develop an understanding of science health and safety practices.
This course consists of 5 mandatory units:
- Physics: Waves and Radiation
- Nature’s Chemistry
- Science: Human Health
- Science Practical Skills
- Health Sector: Life Sciences Industry
You could use this level 4 award to progress to the following qualifications:
- National 5 science qualifications.
- Skills for Work: Laboratory Science at SCQF level 5.