Aims of Course
- To encourage an enquiry-based approach to the life sciences,
- To foster an appreciation of the increasing importance of science,
- To allow pupils to make more informed decisions on relevant issues,
- To help develop further skills in Literacy, Numeracy and Health and Wellbeing.
Description of the Course
Reproductive Biology - Human reproduction, embryonic development, and assisted conception.
Animal Survival - How humans and other animals detect external and internal changes and respond.
Genetics – DNA, genes and inheritance.
Cell Processes – osmosis, diffusion, active transport
- It is possible to take a second science course but this should only be done after the student has spoken with their science teacher.
- The S3 Course involves a wide range of practical activities and problem solving.