Aims of Course
- Develop practical performance in a range of Physical Activities,
- Investigate how fitness, skills and tactics can improve performance,
- Develop student self evaluation and communication skills,
- Develop the four factors that impact on performance: mental, emotional, social and physical,
- Develop knowledge and understanding through one period per week of theory.
Description of the Course
The courses below are Option courses, leading to qualifications in the Senior Phase. All students will continue to experience Core PE in their S3 timetable.
Throughout the year the prime focus of this course will be the development of practical performance. Through the practical lessons students will explore and develop Physical, Mental, Social & Emotional Factors which influence performance.
Students will be offered two groups of activities to complete the aims of the course. All students will complete a block of swimming, whichever course they opt into, unless there is a recorded medical condition.
Games Course: Football, Badminton, Swimming, Rugby, Volleyball, Badminton, Trampolining and Fitness.Aesthetics Course: Dance, Gymnastics, Trampolining, Netball, Hockey, Swimming, Badminton, Aerobics and Boxercise.Outdoor Education Course: Outdoor Education activities will be integrated into this course, including Orienteering, Mountain Biking, Kayaking and Swimming.
There will be a one period classroom based theory lesson each week, in which students will study the key concepts discussed in the practical lessons in greater depth.
- It is essential that students are enthusiastic, well motivated, bring the correct kit and regularly participate in Physical Education lessons. Students should only select PE as an option course if they are strongly considering qualifications in PE in the Senior Phase and have a track record of commitment to the subject in S1 and S2.
- Students will be required to participate in all Physical Activities within the course
- Students will be encouraged to further develop performance through participating in one or more after school club(s) and representing Armadale Academy in a variety of competitions